Health and Safety Representative
This course prepares workplace Health and Safety representatives to be able to explain and demonstrate the overall role and functions of a Health and Safety Representative in a New Zealand workplace.
This programme includes:
- The role and functions of the Health and Safety Representative under the Health and Safety at Work Act 2015 and its Regulation
- The role of a Health and Safety Representative as an advocate for workers
- The obligations of a PCBU and WorkSafe New Zealand towards the Health and Safety Representative
- The risk management process and the importance of communicating with workers and management
- The powers and obligations that a health and safety representative has in terms of issuing a provisional improvement notice (PIN) and how and when to direct a worker to cease unsafe work
Complete by distance – no need for downtime. NZQA approved.
|Health and Safety Representative Course starts April 1st 2018
|Delivery method:||Distance learning.|
|Assessment method:||Written assessment.|
|Duration:||Must be completed within 3 months.|
|Price:||$150 (incl GST).|
|Unit Standard: 29315||Describe the role and functions of the Health and Safety Representative in a New Zealand workplace.|